Apr 20, 2016 |
Annual medical checkup is one of the most important things you would do in the year. Many people don’t take this seriously enough. Annual medical checkup includes the general medical checkups and if you prefer you can get the full medical checkup as well. There are many parts to a medical checkup and you can either do them all or you can do the ones that are related to your condition. If you are a 20 year old you can do a simple checkup just to make sure everything is okay or if you have previously had medical problems like diabetics you need to check for those specially. However many people don’t do an annual checkup. There is a high importance to doing this. Here are few reasons why you should consider doing a checkup annually.
Prevention is better
The reason why you should be doing an annual checkup is to find out if you have any health problems. If you are doing a checkup every year it is easier to pick up signs of major medical problems form the beginning. It can be cured and avoided easily when you find the issue from the beginning. For example Adelaide doctor can detect signs of skin cancer if you are developing any and can be treated from the first stages to prevent further spreading. Similarly heart problems, cholesterol levels can be detected and maintained easily. If you do the checkups once in a while then some of these problems may get detected too late.
Cost is less
When it comes to medical checkups many of you may think getting an annual checkup is expensive. But the real issue is if you don’t and later on you find some medical problem that would cost more to cure then the costs are higher. For example if you do a skin cancer assessment Adelaide every year you will find out traces of it at early stages. And to cure them it won’t cost much. But if you wait too long to do a checkup and when you do finally find out your cancer has spread then you have to spend more money to cure and keep it under control. Any other health problem is like that, heart attacks, diabetics, these all are better prevented than cured.
Better for eye care and dental
Eye and dental care is very important. When you have annual medical checkups you can do checkups for eye and dental as well. It is important that you get these tested too. These are usually included in the package and it is better to find out if there are any problems.
Apr 18, 2016 |
Alternate medicine is a type of systems that helps heal someone in pain by using methods that have no scientific evidence to prove its mechanism of the cure. It mainly compromises of certain religious beliefs, cultures, superstition and it differs from one country to another. Some people criticize alternative medicine due to the lack of scientific research conducted in the field and they question the guarantee and the safely of this system. While some others say that this system deals with the elements and therefore has less side effects that that of western medicine plus the alternative medicine is tailor made for ones weight, height and metabolism rate. Given below are few branches and sub branches of alternative medicine and on what principles they work on.
Chiropractic deals with the nervous system and it states that most ailments are due to the problems and malfunctioning of certain parts of the nervous system. Even in chiropractic there are so many branches and so many areas to specialize in. One such are is for people who do sports and they go to a sports chiropractor for treatment.
Sports chiropractor are not only good at solving issues but they could also help sports men/ women to stay fit by giving them a set of exercise they must carry out.
Ayurveda is another type of alternative which is believed to have come from the Indian culture and has now spread to all parts of the world. It is said to deal with 8 main components in Sanskrit that are the main principles of Ayurveda. Even yoga falls under Ayurveda and it also includes herbal treatments some of which deal with toxic metals. The ayurvedic treatment has proved to give positive results but scientist have still not been able to find out how this works. Some people say that Ayurveda is a way of life and it doesn’t necessarily have to be the treatments only.
Acupuncture is a type of practise belonging to the classification of alternative medicine. It states that there is certain acupuncture points in our body that signify are particular organ or part of the body. According to the illness the acupuncture points differ and once the point it identified thin needles are pricked into the body. This system is believed to have come from one of the old Chinese traditions. But one must always make sure to go a professional that is highly qualified in the field of acupuncture.
Homeopathy, energy medicine and complementary medicine are few of the other types of alternative medicine. Complementary medicine also known as CAM deals with both alternative and western medicine which sets it apart from all other types of alternative medicine.
Apr 11, 2016 |
Stressed out and want to do something about it? Then check out the following amazing stress relief treatments anyone can try:
1. Chiropractic HealingThis is a form of alternative medicine that targets your pressure points and relieves stress using ancient methods. It may not be for everyone, but many who’ve tried it report amazing results. Look for a local practitioner in your area, for example chiropractor Maylands, to get the best treatment at affordable rates chiropractor St Peters without having to drive out far.
2. MassagesMassages are a time tested and proven method to relax after a long day. Massages gently apply pressure to parts of your body to relieve excessive stress or soreness in your muscles, thus making you feel relaxed physically and mentally. There are many different types of massages—oil massages, Thai, upper body only, Ayurveda and so on. Try different types of massages to see which helps you relax the most.
3. MeditationMeditation is a research-backed method to relax and feel reinvigorated. Meditation can help you gather your thoughts and feel calm on the long run. Be aware that meditation needs to be learned first to be put into the best effect. Just like you Googled for that pregnancy chiropractor Norwood, check out here. Search around for meditation classes in your immediate area to sign up and get started right away.
4. Aromatherapy and Herbal BathsThese are also forms of alternative medicine. With aromatherapy, you will inhale soothing and exotic scents to feel relaxed. During a herbal bath, you will submerge your body in lukewarm water treated with various medicinal herbal concoctions intended to help you relax. These treatments are not at all invasive, and no harsh chemicals are used. Therefore, they are ideal to try on a regular basis to relax.
5. ExerciseExercise is good for your health in many ways. On one hand, it will strengthen your muscles and help you maintain a healthy weight. One the other hand, it’s wonderful for your mental health. Exercising releases endorphins in your brain, which are hormones that create good feelings like happiness and relaxation. Exercising regularly will make your body release endorphins consistently, thus helping you feel calm on an assured basis.
6. Going on a HolidayIf day to day life is becoming too much for you, it will help you to take a break from all that and fly away to an exotic place. If you are working too much, going away on vacation will be essential to your long-term psychological wellbeing. Plan your holidays so you can escape and enjoy nature, feel calm and make happy memories.Inspired? Don’t wait too long to try one or two of the above.
Apr 4, 2016 |
Tumors that develop on the epidermis are termed as skin tumors. These are forms of abnormal cell growths which are also known as a neoplasm. Many people consider tumors to be cancerous, but they can be of different kinds. They could be benign, malignant or pre malignant. Malignancy is usually associated with cancer.
What is neoplasm?
Many people get confused with the different terms used. For instance, neoplasm refers to abnormal cell groups. These might not form a lump in all cases. When abnormal cell groups form a lump, they are termed as tumors. Tumor on epidermis is referred to as skin tumor. Malignant tumors are uncontrolled growths. These can invade other tissues and spread across a body. That is when it is synonymous to skin cancer, which might require melanoma surgery.
Benign tumor features
When a skin tumor is benign, it usually does not need melanoma surgery in Gold Coast. That is because it does not have signs of developing in an uncontrolled manner. Hence, benign tumors simply need to be removed for aesthetic reasons. Moles are an instance of such form of skin tumor. Many people wish to get them removed as these are unsightly. Moles in certain cases can be cancerous. Uterine fibroids are instances of skin tumor that is benign. Other forms of skin tumor that are benign in nature include sebaceous cysts, epidermoid or skin tags. There could also appear skin cysts that are lined by keratin or Dermatofibroma. These are usually forms of small nodules that form on the skin and appear as inflammations on circular areas.
Pre malignancy of tumors
When tumors are termed pre malignant, these are tumors which have not yet turned cancerous. These have not yet invaded surrounding tissues. However, they have the potential to invade and affect surrounding cells as well. Carcinoma that occurs in situ is a form of a pre malignant tumor where neoplastic cells multiply within a confined space. When skin tumors are found to be pre malignant, treatmentneeds to be done in order to prevent the destructive cells from multiplying and spreading to other parts of the body. Click this link http://gaultsurgery.com.au/breast-cancer/breast-reconstruction for further information regarding lumpectomy surgery.
Cancerous skin tumors are malignant. These usually spread as they metastasize and kill the host eventually. There are different kinds of treatments that exist for skin cancer. These include invasive surgery as well as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Often lymph nodes need to be removed in order to stop the spread of the malignant cells. It is necessary that these cells are detected early, which can lead to effective treatment. The earlier the detection, the less invasive is the procedure for killing the cancerous cells. For that reason, any sign of skin cancer needs to be checked and followed up with a doctor’s appointment.